Wednesday 9 May 2012

My Runners-Up Entry for Photoshop Creative Readers' Challenge, Issue 87

Runners-Up Artwork for the Readers' Challenge

My Illustration printed on Photoshop Magazine Issue 87 out on sale in shops now. Runners-Up for this previous months Readers' Challenge.




Each month, Photoshop Creative magazine sets a Readers' Challenge. The magazine provides 6 stock images for readers to download, and the challenge is to create a piece of artwork utilising atleast 1 or more of the provided stock imagery in your design entry.

Above is my runners-up entry in this months Readers' Challenge for Issue 87.
I have titled the piece “Life”. 

Growing up as a child I was hugely fascinated and obsessed with the astronomy and the concept of endless space in the Universe, and always fascinated myself with thoughts of other intelligent or non-intelligent life in the Universe.  Are we alone in this endless Universe?
Looking at this month’ supplied images; the image of the lake took my interest at instant.  I liked the image concept of a lake in empty land.  This also inspired me to the astronomical theory of where there is water in the Universe; there is possibility of life forms to evolve from water.
So taking this theory I based my illustration on the concept of extraterrestrial life in the Universe.  However reframing from the typical green aliens, spaceships and laser beams, I decided to create a more magical and fantasy form of life harbouring from the water on the planets surface. 
The composition has been constructed in a way to create vast emptiness surrounding life, which portrays the vast emptiness of space.
A brown/red tint is used to create the feel of a different visual atmosphere of an extraterrestrial world.
This is the image of the lake I used for the challenge, provided by the magazine.
Issue 87 Photoshop Creative Magazine



No comments:

Post a Comment