Sunday 26 June 2011

My New Business Cards


Business Card Front
My Business Cards had recently come through the post.  I was excited about these set of cards as my previous business cards I had designed for myself in the past were very weak in terms of design, quality of stock paper and lack of legibility.  However with experience I now have a better understanding of what makes a good business card. I ordered my cards through Moo.com which I found really friendly, reliable, simple and very cost effective for great quality.
As a designer I decided to have an illustration of one of my strong pieces as the face of the card.  Not only does this make the card personal to me, it creates a great first impression. It showcases my portfolio and skill level instantly to the card receiver.  I’ve had positive responses from this so far as the receiver often is intrigued by the design and raises further interest.  A great front cover is more likely to be followed up by the receiver to follow your details to view the rest of your work on your online portfolio.   A creative business card is also more likely to be held longer as it looks and feels good to have around.

On the back of the card, I’ve kept a clean and flush layout where the text sits well with the graphic symbol “O” taken from my logo.  I used Helvetica for the information details as it was important to have a font which is legible at 6pt size on a business card.  If people cannot read your information, they are less likely to contact you. 
The paper stock the card is printed on is 350gsm matte laminated which gives the card a strong and durable look and feel.  If the design of your card is outstanding however the card crumbles, then the card hasn't fulfilled its purpose.  The card not only has to look good, it has to feel good in your hands.  Giving away your business card is equivalent to a strong firm confident handshake.


Business Card Back Info




No comments:

Post a Comment